1) Discipline. Listen carefully to what the coach says and follow all that is required of you.
2) Be prepared with appropriate workout uniform.
3) Respect the coach and those around you. Be friendly and helpful to other students.
4) Bring only water as a re-hydrant. No food or other forms of drinks allowed!
5) Do not use your newly acquired skills outside of the gym. We are not here to teach you to harm others.
6) No sparring allowed without the permission/supervision of your coach.
7) Call in at least one day beforehand to cancel your scheduled training for a reschedule. We do not give refunds!
8) You are required to get your own supplies of hand wraps, boxing gloves, etc. It is not sanitary to share!
9) Make sure you have a different pair of sneakers specifically for the gym and ring.
10) Lead a healthy and happy life. Make smart choices in your diet as well as your personal life. Be smart and safe, The coach recommends that you upkeep your studies outside of the gym as well; be a well educated and intelligent person.
11) If you have any medical conditions, use any medicine, or have sudden pain/discomfort, please immediately let your coach know. It is important to your health and safety to always let your coach know about any recent changes in health.
12) If you find anything that isn't yours, please announce the item you found to the coach. Honesty is the best policy.
13) We expect hard-working, and educated students. Take your training seriously!
14) You are not here to mingle and hangout with friends-- you are expected to strictly follow your training regimen. Do not bother other students as well.
15) No cell phone, music, mp3 use inside the gym!
16) Any form of jewelry is not permitted. Do not wear any necklaces, rings, nor body/facial rings. It creates a dangerous situation for yourself during boxing training.
17) Keep the gym as if it were your own home. Please throw out your trash!
18) Eat three hours BEFORE your training, and two hours AFTER.
19) As always, enjoy your time boxing, and have fun!
While training, you will come across many boxing terms. Here are most of the terms used in Boxing and their definitions: